Tuesday, March 4, 2008

My own idol

No, I am not going to start my own show. It is just that I met one of my teen-hood idol today. She is Marion Nicole Teo. She was Miss Singapore/ Universe 1985. This was the year that Miss Universe was held in Singapore and all eyes were on Miss Singapore.

She happened to be from my Primary school and then, went to Singapore Chinese Girls' School for her Secondary education, which my cousin went to. I remember this clearly for we were arguing which school she belonged to and both of u wanted her to be from our school only. Hehe....childish, I know, but we still had some childish-ness in us yet, at that time.

I remember our teachers telling us proudly that she was from our school too! That day when the programme was broadcasted live (which was a super-duper big deal during that time, we all skipped lessons to go to the AV room (where there was a big tv) and we watched the whole show Our teachers miraculously 'disappeared' too!

Anyway, she taught us grooming today. It was somewhat like Jill Lowe's "Colour me beautiful" except that she gave it a more local context so that it was more relevant to us. We learnt heaps and even had fun with the make-up.

For me, it was a treat, to have my teen-hood idol up close and personal. She is still immaculately pretty and her frame seems much smaller than it was on tv. Either she slimmed down a lot, or the tv really did not do her justice. I had fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment