Tuesday, March 18, 2008

First world shopping centres with third world toilets

I must say that our shopping centres are of a suitable standard. Sometimes, the air-conditioning can even be compared to that of south pole. Not that I am really complaining though. As long as it keeps me out of the rain and heat and I get to buy some stuff and have some snacks, I am happy.

However, the one thing I cannot fathom is how our toilet can be so third world? I am so ashamed of it myself and would rather not step into it if I could help it. Either the people of Singapore do not know how to pee properly or we seriously need to send our hygiene officers overseas for some training and refresher courses.

I just think that that it is totally unacceptable to have perpetual wet floor and...and...that stench!! It is not a good enough excuse that a certain group of people who need to wash up after doing their 'business' have made the floor wet. Where is the cleaner? Really, we cannot just put the blame on one group of people too. What about those who cannot aim??

I sm simply ashamed at the state of our public toilets. Of course, not all the toilets are like that. This particular one that I have just used extensively for as my example, is situated in the heartlands (suburban area, so to speak). Still, I think it should not be in this sorry state.

No comments:

Post a Comment