Sunday, March 9, 2008

Little help from friends + drool-worthy guy to go with it

Somehow God surprises in His own ways. When you are in need or you feel desperate, there are little ways that He will show you that He is there for you. I am thankful for those little miracles (as I would like to call them) as they help me through my days.

Yesterday, and ex-colleague came back to the library to do a reading on her new book "What Sallamah Didn't Know". She is Sharon Ismail and is now a lecturer in one of the polytechnics and has recently given a booktalk to the students of Wheelock College, which is THE college to go to for anything about early childhood education.

Before the programme started, I told her that I might want to branch out to become a kindy teacher and such. She was all ears as she felt that it was time to move on to do something else.

After the reading session (where the cute illustrator was also co-hosted. See pic in link.), we met up for coffee with another guy, this architecure lecturer from NUS, who was going to try to write his own book too.

Let me just repeat that the illustrator, Khairudin Saharom, was DROOL-WORTHY!

Back to what I wanted to say: Before we went our seperate ways, Sharon told me that if I needed any information at all about Wheelock College, I could just drop her a note.

My point is that, at a time that I am leaving and thinking of so-called new frontiers, their always seems someone out there who has ready information that can help me along and help me think that little bit more about my career options.

p/s: after they supposedly left, I met Khai at the car park (again!) as I was leaving the office. He waved bye-bye and I almost could not stand properly anymore. Legs went all wobbly and I felt like I was going to faint but had to continue smiling and wave back to him. Hahahaha!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment