Monday, March 31, 2008

Just did it!

No, it is not what you think and it is not R-rated.

I just submitted my resignation via the system. In other words, what's left for me to do is to hand in the hard copy when I am ready and then I will be a free person. I will be giving up a lot of things. Here is a list:

1) My 21-day leave scheme (which I think is non-existent nowadays. Young ones that come in only get 14 or 18 days).

2) My whole range of benefits

3) My not so high but considerably average income.

4) My permanent job as all newbies come in as contractual staff so next time if I ever want to re-join, I would be a contract staff.

5) My borrowing privileges (which was cut down from 40 to 20 books, so really, I am not going to miss it that much)

6) Last but not least, my colleagues, good and bad. I have made some fast friends here and even though I am going to continue as a part-timer, I think everything's going to change.

No comments:

Post a Comment