Monday, March 10, 2008

For sale

Went to finalise the price for the sale of my house today.

It feels so surreal...that I am selling my own house. It used to be that my Dad was the one selling our family home and so on. Now, I am going to 'handle' the sale of my own home.

The valuation was good and the first ad will be published on Wednesday. I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will be a fast and good sale. It is a blessing in disguise that he is super good at housework and had kept the condition of the house in pretty much mint condition. Only stains on the floor are those of the table legs and the furniture legs.


I must say, I also chose the right curtain materials coz they look like newly-made ones too! My dad was feeling a little 'sayang' (literally means love in Malay, but here in kind of means pity) for them and the lights. Told him that it is pointless to spend time and money taking those light fittings down and having no plac to use them. Almost like white elephant.

My dad is like that. He tries to hang on to any and everything that he can remotely relate to and then he finds that there are too many things in the house. No, correction, my mum and I find that he has too many things in the house.

Me? I kind of inherited the keeping rubbish bit. I get a little nostalgic with things too, but once I decide to throw them out, I am decisive. My dad will sit on his stuff for 10 years before he makes a decision. No, I am only joking.

Nevertheless, he IS a great dad, accompanying me to see the agent at the house and all, coz I know that I will never be able to make it alone. Also, I don't want himto go back on his words. This is called "got back-up mah!"

No comments:

Post a Comment