Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Good 'ol spaghetti bolognaise

Recently, I have been eating a lot of this. I had it for lunch on 25th Feb, after my health screening. It was at Swenson's and tonight, the same dish at PS cafe, Paragon. I think just like broccoli, I got my taste for bolognaise back again.

You see, my dislike for broccoli and cualiflower started when I stayed in homestay in Aussie land. During the week, they would cater food and because broccoli and cauliflower are 'sturdy' veggies, they gave a lot of that. When weekend comes, she would usually cook her daughter's favourite, which was? You guessed it! Spaghetti Bolognaise!

Well, I did not dislike spaghetti like I dislike the veggies. It was more like I coud not find authentically good ones in Singapore that could give hearty servings. Many places that serve this dish give poor imitation of the real deal.

PS cafe though, managed to make it such that it feels like a very home-cooked one done by an Italian mama. Mama mia!

No comments:

Post a Comment