Tuesday, December 4, 2007

With God by my side

Sometimes, it is tough when you are all alone or when you feel that you are all alone. When the going gets tough, you do not really know who to turn to. Of course, I am not saying that my friends are not there for me. They are! There are just some things that you don't really share though (for me anyway) and that's that.

I met with another low in my so-called little career. I really wanted to quit. It felt like there was no other choice. I prayed and God asked me to for Christ@Work, and I went. Alone.

I did not really find definitive answers while I was there. I wasn't expecting to. What I managed to do was to become more positive about what I was facing at work and I know that God is with me every step of the way, whether I see Him or feel Him or not. He is moving me along. I think going to the conference is just a start, to move us along the way. The rest, is up to ourselves as to whether or not, we want to have God in our work and in our lives.

I knew that I was in the right place though for I made new friends and I that to me, is quite a start. Plus, I managed to meet some people who are from the same parish as me and are in the choir! It was as if, God knew I would meet these people and thus urged me to go. You see, I once belonged to a church choir, but I stopped going for some reason or other. I had been contemplating on whether to join one of the choirs in my present parish.

Difficult decision now is whether or not I should actually join the choir coz I am staying in a very different area from my original parish. Well, when the time comes, I will know what to do. For now, I will just sit on it a little.

P/S: as with previous posts, all religious thoughts and ideas are purely my own. You can agree or disagree, but I am not looking for any sort of argument. I am just penning down my thoughts. Thank you :)

No comments:

Post a Comment