Monday, December 10, 2007

Christmas is boring

This could only come from someone who is not a Catholic or Christian. To them, Christmas is just another holiday, a time to spend and buy.

It is quite understandable. That was what I thought so too for many years. Not anymore. Christmas is very much a religious thing (personally). It is the preparation for the second coming of God and the birth of Christ. It is a time where we start the so called planning for the new financial year, if one were to say it in plain terms. It is when we talk to our CEO, God, about what we plan to do or want to continue doing for the rest of the year. It is a time for reflection. As is Lent.

Therefore, unless you understand the true meaning of Christmas, you will always find it boring or a waste of time. DOn't blame you though. Some people may be Christians and they do not get it their whole life, let alone a non-believer.

I must admit though, for a single person, I can see why the festive season can get so depressive. I thought I would not be, but I WAS hit by the depressive mood. Everyone seems to have someone to pair off with while I am just an add on, a by-stander, an extra. It is all very nice that my friends invite me to do things together with them, but I still feel akward. It's just me, I guess.

Well, hopefully this depressing mood will pass. After all, the holidays are coming soon. Somehow though, I have a feeling I am yet another by-stander in this holiday merriment.

No comments:

Post a Comment