Monday, December 31, 2007

Overhead...at D&C shoe shop@ Square2

Lady: Where are your shoes made in? Is it from China?

Salesman: No ma'am all our shoes are made in Korea.

Lady: Where? (looking as if she is hard of hearing)

Salesman: Korea, ma'am.

Lady: Which part of Korea? North or South?

Salesman: Korea (a bit agitated but trying to keep calm)

Lady: North or South? Because North is communist country you know?? (Giving that if-
you-really-imported-goods-from-the-North-you-die kind of look, plus government-
will-come-after-you look).

Me: Ma'am, I think all goods exported out of Korea are from the South. (wanted to
add that the only thing that they North is capable fo exporting is probably
nuclear stuff! Of course, I did not).

After that, salesman looks at me and I look at him. We both shook our heads knowingly. Guess this mature lady should have not been in Sqaure2 in the first place. She would be better off at People's Park or somewhere more befitting her age. She also reminded me that when I do grow older, I should see things with an open mind :)

No comments:

Post a Comment