Friday, December 28, 2007

In the house of God

I was attending Christmas mass on Tuesday morning when these two Filipinas sat beside me. I could still tolerate kids making noise as they sometimes cannot help it, but these two ladies were happily chit chatting away and it was really getting on my nerves!

I wanted to tell them what an old lady once told me and my friend at church: "You are in the house of God. Respect it and be quiet."

After some thought though, I did not do so. I thought we should emulate the all-forgiving God and see from their point of view too (Stephen Covey of 7 Habits). This is probably their only time for conversation and interaction, which is why they rattle away.

I can try to emulate God but I must admit that I am no God myself. Who knows when I will really blow up and yell my head off at someone?? Well... I will try not to :P

No comments:

Post a Comment