Thursday, December 27, 2007

Slap on the lotion

I used to wonder what the fuss is all about with lotions and skin protection products when I watched this particular Taiwanese programme on cable. Skin is just skin! Plus, with my oily face, I did not think it necessary to slap on more oily stuff on it. Lest I wanted to look like I had a perpetual UN-natural glow.

Well, all that changed when I went for my holidays. I started worrying about my skin cracking and was trying to find out which products to use to have the optimum moisturising result. Mum actually recommended olive oil, but I did remember a friend from France tell me that she actually got 'cooked' when she applied olive oil as a sort of protection for her skin. I guess she just used pure olive oil (for cooking maybe?)and did not use the right products. Plus I don't think it was a good idea to use olive oil as a protection against the sun!

After much 'research' and going back and forth between shops, I finally settled on L'occitane's shea butter body ultra rich cream. It had 25% guaranteed shea butter in its ingredients. Seeing that they had a traveller size hand cream tube, I bought that too and later, the face cream, which had SPF 15 in it. How vain can one get?? But really, I did not want cracked skin to spoil my holiday.

When I got to Korea, I diligently and religiously slapped on that body lotion, day and night. After washing hands, I would automatically whip out my hand cream (ok, I exegerate; I whip it out when I do remember).

Nevertheless, the process that seemed to be a chore and tedious regime seems ok now. It felt like I forgot to brush my teeth or wear my pants if I did not slap it on. My travel mate actaul wondered out loud as to whether we would still stick to it when we get back home.

I still do, but with some variation. I slap the lotion on only at night as it is too oily to walk around with during the day. As for the face? Boy! I was never so hardworking!

Now I know why the Koreans and Taiwanese slap on 110 products on themeselves!

No comments:

Post a Comment