Monday, December 10, 2007

The most painful kind of love

The most painful kind of love, is the sort that you can only see but cannot 'touch'.

The sort, that is one sided, where you know but the other person doesn't know.

Where you silently and quietly walk by the person's side and support that person every step of the way without revealing your own feelings.

Where you listen with patience, to the other's happiness and woes and yet, you say nothing of your own.

Some say, this is the greatest kind of love, but to me, it is the most painful kind.

I know that if I said something, the worst could happen. Our eyes may never meet again, our paths may never cross. Ever. We might become complete strangers.

I know, as I have been there before and I don't want to be there again. It is a painful place to be.

Yet now, I do not know which is the more painful: to see the one you like and love and yet not be able to behold or to tell all and lose a friendship of gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment