Friday, December 28, 2007

PARENTS!!!

What's wrong with them????? They bring their kids to the library and they bring the portable DVD player with them. Mind you, it was an LG portable DVD player.

Of all things, they actually play DVD right in front of my very eyes?? Have they no knowledge what the library is used for???? Yes, it is supposed to morph into some social, interaction space bullshit, but to cause all that noise!!! And that parent still got the cheek to look at me in a puzzled way like as if to ask me,"What did I do wrong here?"

I can close one eye on irresponsible teenagers who blast their MP3 players, hand phone music or music from PSPs, BUT THIS IS A PARENT! If they cannot be good examples towards their children, then don't have kids at all. Or if they really want children, make sure they get the rules right before they come.

Up to this point though, I would like to applaud those parents who are able to teach their kids well before, during and after they come to the library. They are the ones who understand that with becoming a parent, comes responsibilities. Kudos to them. Unfortunately, they are also far and few, few and fewer.

No comments:

Post a Comment