Friday, May 30, 2008

When are they going to 'ketchup'?

Tsk, tsk, tsk!

Whatever happened to good 'ol ketchup???

From goodness knows when, the fast food chains stopped giving out tomato ketchup packets. That was fine, for they still used to ask you whether you wanted ketchup or not.

I also remember the times when the staff of Japanese fast food chain MOS Burger used to ask whether we wanted chilli or ketchup and STILL gave chilli after I specifically said ketchup. They even circle the appropriate sauce on their order chit. Sometimes I wonder why they bother even asking.

Lately though, KFC in particular, has stopped asking and stopped giving ketchup. The first incident was when we ordered home delivery that Saturday when I met up with old friends. They just assumed that everyone took chilli and gave us tonnes of chilli packets. Thank goodness for kids as they luurve ketchup and had a ready bottle at home. Kekeke....in fact, I almost finished the girl's bottle and her mum 'threatened' for me to repay one.

Then I went to KFC with my colleague on Wednesday again, as I did not have enough of the Original Recipe chicken (we ordered some hot and spicy for the gathering). Server did not ask me whether I wanted ketchup or not and I ended up with 7, 7 packets of chilli for a 2-piece meal! I found that quite ridiculous. Either that or that particular chilli company was paying them lots for free advertising.

In any case, it is a lost cause on me as I am NOT a sweet chilli lover. I am definitely a ketchup person. I guess I should be contented for in Australia, each packet of anything that you take (I think other than ketchup) would cost you $0.20.

It does not make sense if they tell me that they are trying to cut cost or conserve usage etc, etc, because they are literally raining chilli packets on people!

Don't even get me started on their portions either, for it has totally shrunk and eating it has become unsatisfactory. It's the sort of feeling you get when the food goes down and feels like it has only filled up one teeny weeny corner of your stomach. The feeling that you are full and yet not full.

I requested for breast meat, but one came up to be wings. OK, there was a little breast meat there but weird me does not particularly like wings...that much.

Well, I will just have to remind myself not to eat so much of KFC anymore, lest I want to feel hungry faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment