Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Packed but fulfilling long weekend

Against Wildswan's advice (which I had only read today), I have gone out and did lots. After leaving my little rented place at 6.30am in the morning, I got back home by cab and plonked myself right back to bed again before going for cycling at 11am. Well, 11.30am, actually. I was late again.

Anyhow, it was a very enjoyable experience, despite the fact that I was going out with a colleague that I did not like before. He was like a potential stalker towards my other colleague. Anyway, that's history.

We cycled towards Changi Village and on the way, we spent too much time watching the landing and take off of planes. We never reached our intended destination but I must say that we really had leisurely fun. It was great bonding, the three of us colleagues. We agreed to come out more often for similar outings. The next time, I might be brave enough to rent Rollerblades.

It was a welcome change from the night before. Along the way too, I 'threw' all my anger into the sea and I also wrapped any leftovers up, packed it on the plane and sent it flying away. Yes, the whole cycling thingy was therapeutic. I could even practise singing along the way. Haha!

Come 5pm, my Hong Kong friend actually sms-ed me to go for cycle at East Coast the next day!!!! Gosh! I was suffering from serious butt-ache. Told him that I will see how and let him know the next day.

I must also say that my Sunday was total beach/sea and plane day. For after dinner with Kelly, we went to Changi beach and we actually walked to Changi Village for teh tarik (pulled tea). It was all very nice coz we were chatting as we strolled along.

My Vesak Day holiday started with me visiting my friend at her home. She had come back from the States and I was there to see her two lovely kids. We had met up outside before but I just could not get enough of them.

While visiting her, I got a phone call from Hong Kong friend asking me whether I was still game for cycling. I really agreed to go for a second day of cycling. Crazy me! I think I wanted to challenge myself and push myself to work out more. I can proudly say that I did it! I just don't want to think how I am going to move about tomorrow. Or maybe, it would not be that bad.

Hmm...what I need to do now is to decide whether to buy bike or to buy Rollerblades... .

4 comments:

  1. Hmmm ... I think a bike might be a better option. If you get a good one, can last you forever. And can even bike when you're 70. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm... but I am not sure I want to invest so much on the bike. First of all, I have problem with the frame, my biking friend who is now back in Beijing told me that I should go for a smaller frame, but wheel size is standard.

    I was just thinking of a very moderate brand called URATA and this is only coz I rented one and the frame seems to suit my height. At least I was comfortable. :P

    Any suggestions for good but not too expensive bikes? Even walking into a pro shop is rather intimidating for me already leh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, that's true. Only spend the money if you know you're going to cycle regularly.

    Am not too sure about bikes as well. But I know someone who you can ask ... the husband of your former boss. He's a cycling fanatic. Just don't buy the stuff that he buys ... you'll be bankrupt if you do. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I know who you are talking about! I have seen him in full bike gear. Gave me a bit of a shock coz he was supposed to collect zoo pass from me at the counter and when I looked up, there he was. Can see that he is wearing those bike shoes...those that can click on the pedal and if u don't know how to dislodge, can fall down and ruin ur bike and hurt yourself kind. Kekeke...

    My friend from Beijing is also like that. Talks about carbon frame (or was it graphite?)and his helmet can cost up to $60 plus.

    No, me going for mid-range, so to speak. Really thinking hard though coz my backyard is East Coast Parkway, just one underpass away. Makes more sense to bike there than to have to headache about parking on the weekends :)

    ReplyDelete