Friday, May 9, 2008

For the love of my housemate's cats

Now that I no longer can support an extravagant lifestyle, I have moved back to my parents'. Nevertheless, I still go and see and feed her cats whenever I can. This is despite the fact that she has someone house sitting for her.

I really do miss the cats and I am somehow drawn to go and see them. Last night, when I opened the door, Mao Mao kept meowing. He seemed to ask me, "How come so long never come and see us?"

The cats now roam free in the house. At first, I was quite apprehensive, especially after what Mao did the last time. This time around though, everything seemed to be in place and nothing toppled, nothing dirtied. House-sitter also closed the toilet door and so they would not be able to get in.

How do I know that the cats miss me too? Dou Dou, usually aloof and edgy meowed at me and came over to give me a good rub over by his standards. I made sure I kept really still so as not to scare him away. With Dou, you cannot go and touch him. He must be the one who rubs against your palm or shin. This time around, he even jumped on my belly while I sat and watched TV. Usually only Mao does that. Dou would just sit in one corner.

At first, I thought he was hungry or that there was no more water, for Dou only meows when these two things happen. There was still water though and I thought I would give them the food later so as not to spoil them.

I think Mao still thinks that by seeing me, that my housemate will somehow appear soon for once in a while, he would go and meow outside her door.

We played with ribbons (again) before I fed them. Mao will go crazy every time he sees that string, while Dou will look on in glee but not daring to participate in fear that he would get a wack from Mao's paw.

No comments:

Post a Comment