Tuesday, May 20, 2008

A new life

Today, my baby nephew, Rui Yi is born at the Gleneagles Hospital. I wish I could fly there now to see him but I am on night shift.

May the Lord God bless this child with strength, courage and wisdom. May the Lord protect him from harm and walk with him as he grows.

I am sooooo happy now coz I am now a proud 'yi zai' (youngest aunt in Cantonese). Actually, he is not the first nephew to be born in our big family, but because I was not so close with my other cousins, I never really did get very close to them during their birth etc. For Rui Yi, his mum usually drops by during our mahjong sessions to settle our dinner and help her mother in-law, my aunt at the mahjong table. Kekeke... .

Plus, this cousin of mine is the eldest cousin, so no matter what age, the baby should be the eldest nephew, right??? Well, to me it sounds about right. Will see baby on Thursday. Tres excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment