Wednesday, May 28, 2008

All's well that ends well

Today has been one good news after another.

The deal is done. My house is sold. I am half a free woman and one step closer to what I have to do. I received an sms from my property agent to tell me that the cheque is in his hands. Of course, by now, it is in MY hands. I have waited for this day, for like what, four years now? IT has been a long and sometimes, very painful wait. Nevertheless, it is finally kind of over.

I whooped for joy and was laughing uncontrollably to myself. I startled my immediate colleague and thos around me as she had just finished conducting a programme with the kids and this being the start of the holidays, was packed to the brim. I became disciplinary mistress for her as nobody would be able to handle that huge number of kids on their own.

I am thankful. It is almost like receiving absolution.

Anyway, after that I received another sms from another friend saying that her boss really would like me to go and work for her. Her boss was willing to compromise a little on certain terms (of which I do not wish to reveal here, on my blog).

This business of going to work at this new place has been ding-donging for quite a while. I am surprised, and at the same time grateful, that her boss still shows so much interest in me after my indecisiveness. I do want to go and work at this new place but at the same time, I just felt that my present big, big boss had fought hard for me to become a part-timer in my present work place. I do not know exactly what went on between him, my supervisor and HR but from what little I can gather, he really went all out to convince HR to let me stay on. I felt that I could not just leave like that and now, maybe I do not need to. I may be able to work at both places. We will see how.

This whole day has been filled with elation and gratitude all at once. The evening ended pretty well too, with me bringing mum to Century Square and eating at Organic Cafe Xperience. We spent some quality mother-daughter time together and tonight, she let me hold her hands. Yeah! Usually she won't as she feels that the weight is too much for her shoulders to bear. She gets neck-ache easily :P

Anyway, we have planned to go to Ikea tomorrow and there will be more mother-daughter bonding time!

No comments:

Post a Comment