Monday, May 26, 2008

Happiness. Unhappiness.

Happiness. Unhappiness.
Different ends of a pendulum.
Sometimes I swing from here to there
Simply in a matter of seconds.

A thin line.
A grey area.
Sometimes,
It's hard to define.
Will the pendulum stop swinging,
So that I can have peace of mind?

Can one ever be void of feelings
So that one can feel no pain?
But that comes at a great big price
Of being,
Void of smiles and cheeky grins.

A priest once said that
Love will hurt.
That was Jesus dying for us.
Must my fruitless love be so,
That it emulates Him saving the world?
No I really do exaggerate
For our Creator is the most Great.

Yet, why is it that I bear this pain
Of barren love
Of happiness strained?
Take this feeling away from me
Until then, I will not be completely free.

I am writing this because I like to write in this style, at this point of time. This amateurish attempt at a poem may seem very dark but to me, it is therapeutic. Can you imagine the gas from a cola can wanting to escape and yet can't? If I didn't write this, I would be like the gas in the bottle. If I did not write this, I might just explode.Please understand.

No comments:

Post a Comment