Monday, May 12, 2008

Crazy weekend

So I lament that I did not plan my Friday properly, but I think I over packed my Saturday and Sunday to the brim!

We started off late on Saturday and ended up going home only at about 2am in the morning. Mahjong I mean. We played longer rounds for some of us kept winning. As usual, we had fun though, my cousin and I. We were singing songs all the way, entertaining my Dad and my aunt. Towards the end, we even started playing the I-name-a-song-and-u-sing game. My cousin would say a title, and I would sing. She was just super amazed at how I could sing almost any of the songs that she said.

Actually, it is because we are of that same era and therefore, we listened to similar songs. It was just that I am more the song-crazy person who would bother to memorise the lyrics.

The next day, I had planned to go for 8.45 mass, but of course, I only woke up like at 10am and almost wanted to strangle myself. Setting the alarm did not help. My meeting with trek-mates was 11am and if Dad did not give me the car, I would have been so, so late.

I was only half awake and we were going to climb my dreaded Bukit Timah Hill. Used to like it a lot until I twisted my ankle. Ever since then, I have not gone back there until yesterday. I braved myself through all the steps that I went down. There were no ropes for me to hang on to and at one point, I was feeling dizzy. It was bad.

As we descended from the peak, I thought all was going to be well when one of my friends suggested we take the off road track again. I saw them steps and I immediately told them I would meet them back at the starting point. It was enough steps ascending and descending for the day. Besides, to tell you truth, I am sooooo out of shape. I am going to take the opportunity to build up my so-called stamina when I totally quit my job. I think at one point I was even a little asthmatic for I was breathing so hard.

The rest of them were very nice. They said to go with majority, but I could see disappointment on their face. Shoot. I have become the wet blanket and spoil spot.

Nevertheless, I would rather be one than to risk twisting my ankle and paying for doctor's fees again.

I feel dead beat even now, but I give myself one month to pick up again. I MUST NOT GROW OUT OF SHAPE!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment