Thursday, May 29, 2008

Like a beautiful Sunday

Did I not say that I was going to go Ikea with mum? We did and we had lots of fun!

I was so hungry I decided to have a feast when we arrived. My standard are meatballs with potatoes but it was brunch and I really was not in the mood for too meaty stuff. Spotted the gravlax (cured salmon) a mile away (OK, I exaggerate) and just had to take one plate. Besides, there are veggies that came together with it too, which is good!

Then I saw that their local delight, which is bee hoon and/or noodles with a slice of ham and fishcake, was only $1.80. Cheap! For a place like Ikea. My favourite one near my work place is also around that price and there is no aircon and no nice seats etc, etc. Coffee at Ikea was not bad too!

It being a weekday, there was not much of a crowd. There was still one big table of noisy kids though. Can't seem to get rid of them. That's why I always tell people that I have a love-hate relationship with them.

We hopped from Ikea to Courts and then to Giant Hypermart, mum and I. We bought what we needed and went home. Was so tempted to get the shoe storage boxes from Ikea, but put it back after holding it for awhile. Enough is enough. There are people with no homes to live in, I have almost everything. Time to think twice before buying.

No comments:

Post a Comment