Saturday, February 2, 2008

My baby Milou 'died' today

Remember how I told you about my baby making strange noises and nothing appears on the screen? I finally managed to go down to the shop to see if something could be done about it.

Brought my baby down to Funan the I.T. mall where I first bought it and they told me the motherboard is damaged or something like that. It will cost me about $1100 just to fix it. Salesperson asked me if I would like to fix it or get a new one.

You know, if the service was good and the vibe was good, I might have considered trading in and buying a new one. The service was so bad that even before they told me the diagnosis of my baby, I already decided not to get any more iBooks from them.

First of all, when I went into the shop, I was like some lost sheep that did not know where to go. Nobody attended to me. Then, when I finally approached the cashier, he was not that polite either (partly my fault coz I went to say iMac instead of iBook. Guess he was anal and had to correct me on that).

Anyhow, he then directed me to another counter where I presume, is the servicing department. Saw many old Macs waiting to be fixed and such. I stood in front of the counter, waiting to be served. One of them was serving another customer, so I waited. Another guy was on the phone, having no intention to put down. This other guy was packing stuff on the left side of me and I don't really expect him to help me (given the vibe of the service here).

Talking about vibes, this place gave me the same vibes as it did 3 years ago when I bought my baby. It was not very welcoming and a rather hostile environment. It was like, you needed to know your stuff if you step into the store. It becomes exclusive and univiting.

Everyone had the tech-geek feel and look and they did not care much about customer service. While the guy (who was packing stuff later re-appeared) was serving me. This other guy was rudely talking to him while I waited for the diagnosis and when he was explaining to me what was happening, the other did not seem to have the intention to stop talking.

Anyway,today is the official death of Milou (sounds a little morbid, I know)and the birth of another.

No comments:

Post a Comment