Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Out of courtesy or chivalry?

I would like to gloat that I've done a good deed this morning, but no, I think I just did my part as a member of the public and a citizen of this country (what a load of crap. Hahahaha!).

I made this guy give up his seat on the MRT train for a pregnant lady. It was very obvious that she was quite heavily pregnant (and judging from the outbreak on her face and her nauseous actions that she was expecting a boy). The two priority (for the aged and pregnant ladies, generally) seats were taken up by an old man and an office-going male executive.

The choice was obvious. I purposely asked the lady whether she needed a seat and then I proceeded to ask the gentleman whether he would be so kind to give up his. Of course! If he didn't, I don't even think that he would be fit to be called an animal. Hahaha!

Well, that is a good start to the day for me. I gave myself the title of "unofficial policewoman on board MRT trains" a few days ago. I am sure you can see why.

No comments:

Post a Comment