Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Reunion dinner last night



Ok, so this was supposed to be the "Yu Sheng" or "Lo Hei" (tossing of the fish). Silly me forgot to take the picture when it was still untossed and so this is what is left after the tossing.



"Pen cai" or my direct translation would be basin/pot dish. It is traditionally quite big a pot and there are many different layers. Each layer is a different type of vegetable and it is a bit like a treasure box as we finish each layer to unveil new layers of food.



Vegetarian sweet and sour fish. I usually don't like this type of pseudo food but somehow, I think they made the 'fish' themselves and it tastes pretty good!



My grandparents. Still super loving after so many years of marriage!



My grandma and parents. Check out how photo-happy my Dad is.



Sauteed seasonal vegetable with some kind of special mushroom in a basket made out of potato shreds.



Brown rice fried with some kind of special vegetable called 'lan chai'. Direct translation would be olive vegetable.



Mango with cream and pomelo and sago dessert.

Just in case you have not noticed, all the dishes were vegetarian. As my mum is a vegetarian, we have been coming to this vegetarian restaurant for many years now. It is called Lingzhi Vegetarian restaurant and it is under the Tung Lok Group of restaurants. Food is tres delicious, tres fusion without being too strange.

No comments:

Post a Comment