Monday, February 25, 2008

Chingay 2008

For several years now, the Chingay procession has been brought to the heartlands (suburbs)and this year, I got to watch it at Sembawang. It is like the Mardi Gras of Brazil. Here are some pictures:



First two pics are floats done by Singapore Tourism Board. If you cannot see clearly, it is actually a lion head.



We do not what this float is all about and who sponsored the construction of the float, but all we know is that it is very beautiful and we just had to take some pics!



This one is a globe with people standing around it but cannot remember who sponsored the float. Anyway, most of the floats have got people standing on it and waving at the crowd. I think if we were to go to the event proper, we might even get to see stilt-walkers!

I remember them stilt-walkers because I was really young then and my Dad was driving past a Chingay procession. All I could see from the back of the car was this tall 'monster' coming after us with a perpetual smile, similar to that of the Joker of Batman. I cried there and then, wanting it to go away, but we did not move much due to the traffic jam! Hahaha!


This one looks like the shape of a whale. I don't think my camera did justice though.

No comments:

Post a Comment