Friday, February 29, 2008

Getting lost

Being blur can be quite a blessing. You see, I am quite a scatter brain when it comes to roads and driving from one point to another. Unless it is a place I am familiar with (example: home to office, home to Raffles City, Raffles City to Takashimaya), I have no problem. Give me a new route though, and I will be lost.

Usually, I do the cowardly way by asking someone to sit by my side and be my navigator when I drive. Today though, I am on my own.

I was to go from somewhere in the North to Jurong. The last time I did this, I went one big round to CTE (city) (Central Expressway heading towards city) and back to KJE (Kampong Java Expressway. My overseas friends, please don't worry your little heads about all these terms).

This time, I made sure that I checked the street directory before I started out. I just skimmed through the maps and thought I had all the roads covered. When I was driving this morning though, I realised that I was kinda...going around in circles again!

I could have headed straight for BKE (Tuas) but instead, I tried to go to KJE. Why? Because Tuas to me is like the end of the world. Like, nobody ever goes there as it is 90% industrial area. I had this fear that if I went that way, I will never be able to get back home. A bit like Dorothy in the land of Oz.

On my way to finding my way back to Jurong, I managed to pass by Bukit Panjang Plaza, which I have never in my life been to. If you asked me to go back there again, I would not be able to. It was a fluke shock. Therefore, it is a sort of blessing in a way such that I get to see places that I have never seen before.

After what seems like forever and going around in circles, I relented and decided to follow the Tuas route. After all, people usually mention Tuas and Jurong in one breath. Bingo! Found my way to Jurong and was not late!

Still think that taking the ECP (East Coast Parkway) / KJE is a much more straight forward way of getting to Jurong (that explains why I was desperately trying to get onto KJE).

No comments:

Post a Comment