Tuesday, February 12, 2008

More about Lent

OK, I know I am very long-winded but I promise, this is the last posting I will talk about Lent...for today.

This year's Ash Wednesday and the Lenten period marks the second year that I have returned back to the Catholic Church. For a period of time, I was lost. After seperation, I thought that I would have no place whatsoever, in the Catholic Church.

After going to churches of other denominations though, I decided that I still wanted to have a relationship with God through the Catholic Church, as it was the most relevant for me.

I am thankful each day, that I can talk to God, like I talk to an old friend. It is through journeying with Him that life is worth living.

I am not 100% goody two shoes. I still skip mass sometimes and eat meat on some Fridays (and drink alcohol on most Friday nights), but knowing that He is there for me all the time makes me feel that much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment