Thursday, February 14, 2008

Have you ever...

Have you ever felt like you could not breath? That any minute now, you would drop dead and die? I know this is the CNY (Chinese New Year) period and that words about death should not even be mentioned..
Anyhow, I felt like this yesterday. Yesterday, I could not open my eyes. My body refused to move and my head felt all heavy. The night before, I had a mini asthmatic attack. I did not have my inhaler with me and so I took my antihistermins and went back to sleep.

It really helped me a lot as I have had insomnia for quite some time now. The antihistermins help me sleep very well. Too well in fact. For a person my size, the dosage is a bit too much and the effects do not wear off till well after mid-day.

I picked up my phone to messaged my supe to take half a day of emergency leave. I fell back to sleep only woke up after a while. Finished my messaging and it was approved. Thought I would message my branch manager too, only to wake up two hours later, handphone still clutched in one hand, message half typed and not sent. Forget it. Got to work.

Was thinking of taking the whole full day off as I felt a fever coming. Then the sms started to come: I had missed a review for AV (which in this case is usually a CD-ROM on educational stuff for kids) and the deadline was up.

My head spun some more and I took a cab to work. Don't think I could walk properly with fever and a deadline on my back.

Managed to finish storytelling without much major mishaps. Favourite boy with autism did not come for my storytelling again because other boy from his school (Pathlight) was there and he did not like him. Other boy took his head to knock it against his own. Therefore boy with autism did not want to come in anymore. I am sad for boy with autism is very, very attentive.

Went back to finish my review. The game is actually quite interesting and I kind of cannot stop playing it. Nevertheless, I had to finish review and so got down to it.

The phone would not stop ringing. After I refused to pick up phone, my neighbours' phones all started to ring, one by one. It is as if I was in some thriller/horror movie whereby the phone just refused to stop ringing and it came to a point that it becomes a symphony of phone rings.

My head wanted to burst and I wish I could lie down and be dead...until the next day (stupidly thinking that my troubles will go away). I know it doesn't. So I messaged supe to stop calling coz it stresses me no end. I had enough of being polite. Politeness did not get me anywhere. It just got me more work, more stress, more of everything that I did not know how to handle.

Worse still, what could go wrong, went wrong. I almost could not log into my own email. The scanner could not scan. My headache and fever does not go away.

I thought I would not live to see the next day, but here I am, typing away. I am alive and I am thankful. Except, I wonder when this 'fire-fighting' of my life would ever stop. Or perhaps never? Sigh... .

No comments:

Post a Comment