Monday, February 25, 2008

Don't know whether to laugh or to cry

Today, I am really happy (despite encountering rude students at the library). I got a compliment from a customer.

He was at the library last Friday and had asked whether we had powerpoint outlets for him to plug his laptop socket to. I gave him directions and after a few attempts to get me to lead the way, he was off to search for the said area for laptop users on his own.

I would usually have gladly shown the way but I was in the wrong shoes (not black ones) and therefore, was rooted to the counter (can only see half my body). I decided to go up and change my shoes and doublecheck that he managed to find the said location.

Sure enough he did. I gave him a hand-signal to indicate that he is in the right place, smiled and was off. He nodded and smiled back. He later sent in a compliment via our website.

Why did I feel like laughing and crying at the same time? Coz he just mentioned "a Chinese lady" in the compliment. My manager thus sent out an email to ask who the staff was. This staff, who was not at branch that day, had the cheek to send an email to the manager saying that she was the one who served him.

Thank goodness the patron stated the time and we have an e-calendar that tracks our movements. If not, I am not sure who the manager would believe.

No comments:

Post a Comment