Friday, February 29, 2008

Complaint in the disguise of a feedback.

This was what I wrote to the SMRT. I cannot take it anymore. It is like a battlefield every morning when I go to work:

This is not an equiry but more a feedback bordering on a complaint. I work in the Bedok area and every morning, I have to battle with human traffic to walk that underpass to Bedok Interchange.

While it is true that you have already put up signages to tell people to keep to their lanes and have recently put yellow arrows on the floor, it is obvious that many do not bother with the rules at all. The gap between escalator and barrier is too big too! People just cross over thinking that they can be faster by walking against the traffic flow. This is very irritating as it slows down our side of the human traffic.

Might as well not have the barriers at all as it defeats the purpose. If not, do what the Somerset MRT has done: close the gap (between escalator and first barrier).

Then again, I know your reply would be that it is not possible as you need to change the directions of escalators during off peak hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment