Friday, February 29, 2008

What's left is a slight drizzle

The bomb was dropped. Just in case you were wondering what the bomb is, it is my resignation letter. I did not type it till today (or rather, yesterday). I had already drafted out my resignation via electronic submission it was in my "save as draft" folder.

Do not really like to talk about work on my blog as I feel that each profession has its own set of issues and it does not look too good. This has affected me for quite awhile already though and I hope I am more expressing my own thoughts and feelings.

It was really funny coz my supe and my big boss, did not accept my resignation straight away. They asked if I wanted to change to another department. Don't think I want that. It would most probably be more of the same.If I were cynical and mean, I would say that they were asking questions based on a mental list.

Anyhow, I feel that these annual year-end reviews are just like confessionals. I freeze up and have to go and mmet my supe in an enclosed room, admit all that I did and did not do and ask for forgiveness. Then my supe would pardon me and the cycle begins again. In this way, my supe is like God for I have 'sinned' time and again and she has 'pardoned' me. God does that too. He is the all-forgiving God.

I am feeling drained and can think no more.

Like Scarlet O'Hara says on the last page (pg 1010) of Gone with the Wind,"Tomorrow is another day.

Does not mean that eventually I am not going to quit but at the moment, I am taking time to think things through.

No comments:

Post a Comment