Friday, September 26, 2008

When the going gets tough

It has been a horrible, tearful day. Must be due to the time of the month coming soon. Hearing one of Natasha Bedingfield's songs kind of made me look on the bright side of things though.

After all, there are two sides to a coin and one can choose to mull over things or to look on the bright side and just smile.

I went to pick up my wicker basket today. Was at Novena Square first and had to pass by the St Alphonsus Church (or what is popularly called the Novena Church) and although I told myself that I was not going to delay any further and get to my destination (to pick up my basket). Sub-consciously though, I think I did want to go in.

My feet brought me to the church proper (as I could not find the grotto, silly me) Nevertheless, I just prayed and prayed my worries and troubles away. It was very peaceful. There were some others who were praying or sitting there, having some adoration time.

After my own private time with God, I went on my way. The basket was big. Much bigger than it looked in the picture. Chatted with my friend for a while (or a little too long while) and finally, I waited for my bus to come.

One funny thing happened. This small boy was waiting for the bus at the bus stop with his mum and maid but he was playing somewhere else before. When he was called for and came towards his mum, he starting trying to peep into the basket, thinking there is an animal in there!! Cute!

He was not really convinced that there wasn't anything in there and took several peeks more. That perked me up a little.

Well, when the going gets tough, there is mp3 music and then, there is God.

No comments:

Post a Comment