Saturday, September 13, 2008

A long and 'trashy' post

I am suffering from blogger's trash (as opposed to blogger's block). It is a term that I thought up myself. Why? Because I seem to want to blog about everything and anything that I see. Every step I take, there seems to be something to write about and I would tell myself that I must blog it but when I see the next thing, I cannot remember what I must blog!!

Anyway, I have more verbal diarrhoea, just wanted to say that I went karaoke with some ex-colleagues and we had quite a bit of fun. We first went to Maxwell Road Food Centre, but later adjourned to Bugis Topone instead. After k-ing, went for supper at Newton Circus Food Centre. As usual, they are really cut throat. I think better not order clam or shell dishes when eating out coz there are more shells than meat. What a waste of money.

Back to blogger's trash, all this came about as I was walking to church along the park connector at Tampines. I thought I had to blog about how I was saving money while exercising at the same time. Then, I had to sit and rest as I was wearing wedges (!) and my calves were aching. I saw those yellow birds that are native to this island but sometimes, if you do not look carefully, can be easily missed. They make very nice chirping sounds too.

Then I saw a black crow stop on top of a lamp post and saw it crapping in action. This was really the first time. I thought I wanted to blog about it too. As I continued my journey, I felt I had to blog about how slowing down and taking leisurely walks like that is good for health, mentally and physically.

The next 'trash' came as I thought about my kids. I wanted to blog about how I think this was really my calling. I wanted to blog about how so many of my friends, when I tell them I am working where I am working now, all tell me almost similar answers: "I will die if I had to handle children for even 5 minutes. I would never survive."

I just have this feeling that God had wanted me to do this all along and that was why whenever I prayed about whether I should leave my previous job, I seem to get the answer of "not yet".

Even with my so-called experience with kids, I think nothing can prepare me for my present job, but everyday is a new learning experience, even for me. Kids can teach you things you thought you knew and you learn and re-learn.

The funniest thing is that I actually love to change diapers. Hee! Hee! I never thought I would say it, but I do! I think it a great time to bond with the kids and you find some of them are actually so helpless and you just want to make sure that they are changed and alright. Even poo-poo is OK as long as I get over the funky smell and I have learnt that you are what you eat. Hahaha! Shall stop here about this business.

From diapers, I just thought of my very special one, my very special girl, Avina. She may never learn as fast as the other kids and she may have to go to Rainbow school or Pathlight full time in the future, but she is the one who understands the most and gives you the brightest smile when she wants to. She is never too quick to show you how she feels and her favourite word is "No". She would swipe her head and lower it to one side and say it at the same time to show displeasure. She really has a strong mind of her own, but when she lies trustingly in my arms when I carry her or change her diaper, you know that she is fully dependent on you.

See how much 'trash' I accumulated and 'puked' out??

There might be more but I thought I might leave it till the next posting.

No comments:

Post a Comment