Thursday, September 18, 2008

My new friends now


I used to think that Tiger balm and Axe oil are for old folkies. Never did I imagine myself loving it to the point of addiction one day.

It all started when my GP told me to go buy a bottle of Axe oil to put into some hot water to inhale. It was a cheap an effective way to clear the air passages and blocked sinuses. While I was at the Chinese medical hall, I figured that I might as well get the Tiger balm as well.

Now, I wish I coul take it out as and when to rub it on my nose or chest but I do know that some people are irked by the smell and being the socially conscious me, I won't be doing that any time soon..

The other 'old fashioned' medication was the Nin Jiom. They used to only have it in the thick goowy,liquid format. When it first came out with the herbal candy, I was soooo skeptical about it. I thought it was some 'scam' sweet that they were trying to roll out and cover the different markets. Good marketing strategy but some useless superficial product. Or so I thought.

I was coughing real badly during class on Wednesday and one of my classmates passed me a sweet. The cough stopped completely. It did come back eventually but that is only because my cough is no ordinary cough (read previous posting). To me, it was already VERY effective!!

No comments:

Post a Comment