Sunday, September 28, 2008

Rediscovering Toa Payoh

Had a very fruitful day today. Even though I only touched my bed at 3 plus in the morning, I managed to meet my colleague to have a field day at Toa Payoh!!!

I have long heard how the heartland shopping experience there is great but I did not know that it was so fantastic! Hahahaha!!! I managed to find a top which was originally $7, but after discount, it was only $4.90!!! I managed to get a set of top and bottom fo less than $10!!

Actually, I did not only get a top and bottom today. I got lots of clothes but for the same amount I used to pay for, perhaps, two items, I got seven!!! I also allowed myself to indulge in one pair of shoe for slightly less than $30. Let us see how long the shoes will last. It is the sort I like" wooden base with studs on the side. A bit like clogs.

Of course, most of the clothes are considered casual to smart casual wear, but for me now, I only need to wear those. If I were to wear long sleeves shirts and such, I would really smell funky :P

We went to the library after that to surf the Net. It was the first time I tried Wireless@SG. It was as expected, not so good. Kept losing connection. Nevertheless, I still managed to do what I wanted to do.

To end my day, I attended the evening mass at Risen Christ. I think I have found the church with the right feel. Perhaps it is the choir, or perhaps it is the congregation itself, but I just have the right feel when I attend mass there.

What is the right feel, you might ask. Well, I don't really know how to explain. I can just tell you that I am a person who goes with gut feel and aura a lot. There are times when I have stepped into a room or have just met someone and have decided there and then that I did not like the place and/or person. Same with churches. Or perhaps, it is because Father John Sim, my spiritual director during my RCIA days, is now the parish priest there.

Anyway, I foresee myself to be going to Toa Payoh more often, and it is not solely for religious purposes. Hee, hee!

No comments:

Post a Comment