Friday, September 12, 2008

Being kneaded like dough

I have been going for massage for a while. It was a package that I bought before I left my previous company. Plus, the person who used to massage me was an 'old friend'. I already started going to her for facials and body massage when she was operating from home.

Not so recently, I have let her student become my main masseuse as I feel she can do the job as well as her teacher. Then yesterday, she could not make it as she already had another lady to massage (it's an all ladies only place) and I almost died under her arms. She is a China Chinese and she uses cow strength even though I repeatedly told her not to press so hard.

She is quite skinny but somehow, it is still painful when she does it lightly. I came to the conclusion that she does not have meaty fingers. Hers are the sort of fingers, that when they poke people, no matter how fat that person maybe, will still be painful on the meat.

Anyway, I feel like dough being kneaded on a kitchen table and I have learnt my lesson and will stick back to my normal masseuse. I am not mean. I did tell the receptionist that different people like different styles of massage. Just that I would rather not have such a heavy-handed one as I detox very easily. If she massages too much, I might detox via my sinuses (read: running nose and puffy eyes) or feel really tired.

No comments:

Post a Comment