Thursday, September 18, 2008

Natasha Bedingfield

Quite a mouthful, I would say, for a star/singer. But this name has stuck with me. More like her voice has stuck with me.

I first saw her MV on MTV and I was thinking "who in the right mind would write a song that has lyrics so tacky that it made me hair stand?"

It was the song I want to have your babies. Now on hindsight, I think she did a great job for this as it is not an easy phrase to write into a song. What really caught my attention was the song Soulmate. It was like writing about how I was (and perhaps, is) feeling and when I fund out the name of the singer and put one and one together, I almost wanted to faint. How could I go out there and buy an album whereby I totally loved one song but totally had goosebumps when listening to another??

I eventually bought it anyway and did not look back. I find that her voice has this uniqueness about it. A little edgy but not too edgy like Duffy or Amy Winehouse and her lyrics have got meaning. Meanings that I like.

Just bought her US-released album, Pocketful of Sunshine a few days back. No regrets even though half of it were songs were from the previous album that I had (called N.B.)

Well, here is the URL for her MV on Soulmate (since the embedding was disabled):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEzbkGj7EaQ

p/s: Sorry, please cut and paste as either, there seems to be something wrong with the function at Blogger or my computer is too security-tight. Link doesn't seem o appear when I publish.

No comments:

Post a Comment