Sunday, September 14, 2008

Mooncake night

Tonight is the 15th of August in the Chinese calendar and it is the day when kids and sometimes adults alike, gather together, eat mooncakes, drink tea and carry lanterns.

Well, I will not be doing it this year. Although in recent years, it has become more of a barbeque event for my friends and I, with mooncakes, sans lanterns. Tonight, I will be attending the wedding dinner of another cousin.

We used to be close and I would go to his house to spend my holidays with him and his sister, but some family matters have made us grow apart from one another. I especially do not like the attitude of his sister.

All that aside, I am excited about being able to doll up and put make-up, the choosing of clothes and the matching evening bag with the correct colour of shoes and the whole lead up to the event itself. For me, any occasion to doll up is an exciting occasion :)

Didn't spend a cent on clothes and make-up this time round though. Everything I need, I already have. The part I spent money on was my grooming: Hair etc. I thought it was about time too. Too many greys showing :P

Will try to take some pics and put it up soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment