Sunday, June 29, 2008

When did we become like strangers

My housemate cum long time school mate and friend is now happily married. As with all new beginnings, there must be an end. Sort of.

I had dinner with her, her spouse (who is also my friend) her sis (who is also now my friend) and another friend. We are still close, we are still alright, but I must say that some things are just not the same anymore. In my own language, she has crossed over. Although she is nice enough to not make it obvious, her priorities have shifted and our dynamics area little different.

I was there before. I crossed over the earliest. It was a lonely place and my friends did not make it much easier by playing the exclusivity game: "You are married now, you can't this, you can't that...it is not suitable for you..."

The least I can do for her now is to NOT make her feel like that. We are humans even after marriage OK? Who said that once you are married that you cannot go movies with girlfriends after you are married? Who said you cannot club once yo have a baby? I think as long as you ensure that somebody is looking after your baby and that you do not do it too often, it is fine to have fun!

I am happy for her, as long as she is happy, but I must also know when to take my bow and take a back seat. It is time, for some me-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment