Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Irritating to the core

Let me rewind a bit further and attempt to make you understand why I was so muffed with my dinner. Before that, I was already quite cheesed off by a par-timer.

My habit is to go to the ladies before I go home. Nothing wrong with that. Everybody does that. The only problem is that this *&$%@#$ woman always, and I mean always irritates the hell out of me, by either attempting to open the toilet door without knocking and then exclaim, " Aiyo, somebody's in there, ah?"

Or in this particular instance, kept standing right outside the toilet door, saying, "Quick, quick, quick" in Mandarin. She even went to the extent of asking silly questions such as "It is not you ah, ABC? I thought you were inside."

DUH!!! You are talking to the person herself. How can she then be in the toilet. I find that downright rude. If she so urgently wanted to use the ladies, she should have queued up in the first place. NO! She went into the brochure store room to change and expect the toilet to be free for her usage when she comes out.

I have put up with it for far too long and this time, I told her off. I said, "Don't keep asking me to be quick outside the toilet door. I will be even slower. Whatever pee I have would have all gone because of what you said. I will take even longer."

I think I was already quite polite. For one, I just feel it is common sense not to stand right outside the toilet door (our door has got louvres) lest you want to smell the 'aroma'. For seconds, I just think it is plain RUDE to be pestering people like that. If she were a kid, I would have half a mind to slap her, but she is not and I have to respect that.

Well, that was my prelude to mee pok disaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment