Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What a busy day!!!!

It is only 2 days into freedom from work and I am already super busy!

I went to my new workplace to take a look and to have a feel of things. I am really quite worried but I am still sticking to my decision. The kids were lukewarm at first and they were looking at me like I was an iguana in the display cage at the zoo. Slowly though, they warmed up after I started helping them out with their work. The girls were faster warm-uppers. They could not stop chatting with me.

By 2pm, I was in this in-the-middle-of-nowhere place to attend an information session about the course I wanted to take. For someone who is the marketing manager for an educational institution, she had really bad pronunciation and English grammar. I was so irked by her half the time that I nearly did not get in half the things she said.

Plus, she was such a bad marketeer. I understand that you want to sell your idea across to the people who came to listen but crafting it in such a way that it answers your patrons' questions is very important. She just seemed to go round and round.

Let me show you one example of her bad English: " Any pre-school centres in the world-wide(s) will tell you..." , "Even the children should be know what Queen(s) of England and UK are" and "Thumbs of rule is..." (when it should be rule of thumb). She even told us that she studied in the States. Shame, shame!

Did not like the tone she used with us either. It was like teacher talking to small kids and the sort who talks down to people, but I kind of concluded that it was her style, her nature. Her way of making the school sound prestigious.

There was an Iranian lady among the listeners too and boy! Did they have a bad time communicating. I am just wondering how this Iranian lady can become a teacher in the future since her level of understanding was such that they spent a good 10 minutes figuring each other out. Well, I blame it partially on that marketing manager too. For if her grammar was good enough and she was straight to the point, she would have been easily understood.

At 4pm, I rushed off to work night shift and thanks to Carls Jr in the afternoon, I was not that hungry. Counter first before food later after work.

I don' think I have taken so much bus in a day for a very long time! Today, I walked and took the bus so much that I would lose one 'tyre'.

No comments:

Post a Comment