Friday, June 13, 2008

People for people?

One of my colleagues used to tell me that it was not easy being an HR personnel as she used to be one. I did not really believe her then, but I think I do now.

Although I am still shrouded by the mystery of what they do (they just recruit and maintain everybody's pofile. What's so difficult about that?!) I do believe that they are the heart and soul of the company. Their roles are so important that they HAVE the right to be stressed.

I truly believe that if an HR department is good, it can sell a company very well, even if the management may be just so-so.

On the contrary, a bad HR department can really spoil a company's reputation. Can you imagine an HR department that does not care and leaves one to fend for oneself? That would be quite a disaster.

That said though, they are only humans themselves and for those bad HR personnels, maybe it's time they asked themselves whether they are in the right line of representing people. For in this business of people, you must like people. No?

No comments:

Post a Comment