Sunday, June 1, 2008

Last day

Today is my official last day at work.

The interesting bit is that I will become a part-timer from tomorrow onwards. I have not really finished packing my stuff at my workstation and I have asked my colleague to allow me to go back and take my stuff tomorrow. I guess, after almost eight years,it is a bit difficult.

Was supposed to pack up everything yesterday but was in a little bit of self-denial that I will be back. Plus the threatening sky of grey gave me the perfect excuse not to shift anything from building to car.

The fact is, I will be back. For conducting certain programmes and stuff, but I really do not know for how long. Yesterday, everything was also more or less finalised for my new job. I once again had this great sense of gratitude. Gratitude towards the people who have helped me get the job and gratitude towards God who has guided me so much and helped me carry my cross such that I am not too burdened.

My soon-to-be new colleague had told me that her principal fought hard for me to work there as she saw the potential in me even though I do not have the necessary qualifications (yet).

There were many questions by many colleagues. Some asked why I did not wait till the bonus came. My reply is always standard: " I have waited and seen too many bonuses come and go. I think it is time to say go, and then go."

Others simply asked why I wanted to leave. You want my true answer? My true answer is that there is no one true answer. There are many reasons why I wanted to leave.

These questions by these colleagues do make me think twice a little, but, in a way, I am glad that I have made such a decision. It is time for me to see the world! Kekekeke!

No comments:

Post a Comment