Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Allergy agony

Well, I guess the day has finally come whereby I am allergic to something. I think this is because I have been eating too much medicine.

Had an ENT (ear, nose, throat) infection again and the doctor behind my house, gave me the same old medicine of enhancine. It is an antibiotic and I have taken it before. Previously, there would be tell-tale sign of red patches, which I suspected to be rashes but brushed it off, as my then supervisor told me that if there was an allergy to medicine, it is usually an outbreak.

I mean, the medicine label itself did say to stop if rashes appear. Two nights ago, I developed rashes on my cleavage! Of all places!!! It is one of the most uncomfortable places and one of the places that I DO NOT want any rashes. I want to show it off. Not hide it! Plus, it being a squashed up area does not help as it aggravates the situation (no ventilation = more itchiness = more scratches..and the cycle begins again).

Then I found that both my upper arms started to show tell-tale signs too. Last night was sleeping hell as I attempted not to think of the itch and not to scratch it. It was futile. I had to go back to my good old GP who gave me medication to stop all that itch and the rash.

She did warn me that one of them was drowsy medicine. Alas! I underestimated the power of the medicine for I was like a total zombie for the whole of today.

No comments:

Post a Comment