Monday, June 23, 2008

Tres heureuse (or very happy in French)

If you are wondering whether I am dead or alive, this is prove that I am still breathing.

Just that the past week has been a steep learning curve for me at my new place and even though it is a half day affair, the other half is spent lying flat on the bed like a dead fish. Yes, this present job zaps up lots of my energy but I am beginning to get used to it. Just wondering what will happen when I do start school and have to juggle several things at one go.

This past week was also a week that I did something that I had not done for a very long time: buy a present. It was a little ironical as I used to find buying presents a chore; something that I dreaded to do year in, year out. Perhaps that was because I had no idea what to get. This present however, was specifically told to me by the recipient. That really helped me a lot. Only thing left for me to do is to narrow down to the brand and the designs.

After buying the present, there was the strange excitement of choosing the right wrapping paper, the right type of birthday card and such. There was excitement in the air around me, if you catch my drift. I was feeling all bubbly and giggly all at once, as if I was back in Secondary school or something.

I have not felt like that for a very long time. Mental note to self: buy more presents in the future. No, not only that, it had to be sincere. It had to come from the heart.

The excitement and slight anxiety continued all the way home when I had a little bit of trouble wrapping the gift. You see, I am not a fantastic craft maker. Any such previous attempts at crafts of any kind were fluke shots that happened to look OK. Ha!

Barely managed with the wrapping and had to draft out what to write in the card before actually penning it down. There was a sense of self satisfaction once all that was done.

The results were super satisfactory. Recipient was tres happy with the present, tres happy with the card and tres happy with the wrapping paper (did not say about the wrapping though...hehehe...). I was happy that recipient was happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment