Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Stupid Mee Kia Man!

Was really hungry right? So I went to East Link Food Court to eat. Decided to eat Mee Pok Dry.

For those of you who cannot fathom what mee pok is, just think of Italian pasta. Mee pok is actually the Chinese version of fettucini. After all, I do believe that Marco Polo borrowed our idea from the Far East.

I ordered mee pok dry (this means tossed in chilli, vinegar and other such stuff. I specified that I wanted only a bit of chilli and lots more vinegar.

The cook was so busy chatting and gossiping to this fat-arse plump woman (really, she used her bum to push me out of the way instead of using her golden mouth to say 'excuse me') that he conveniently got my order mixed up. He gave me mee kia instead. In pasta terms, this would be angel hair (or capelli d'angelo).

I was so pissed. I was fuming mad. I wanted him to make a new bowl for me, but I had to learn to be less fussy and I had to think about those people who did not have food to eat. I decided to take it, but not before I showed my displeasure. I told him and his work partner, "I ordered mee pok leh!" (glare at him). "Forget it!"

I turned and walked away. After taking the first mouthful, I really did not want to continue eating. It did not taste like it had vinegar at all. I decided to brin the whole bowl of mee pok back and ask for some more. Actually, I had an Ally McBeal moment again. I wanted to splosh the whole bowl of noodles in his face, but of course, I was more civilised than that.

I remembered this shop as the one which refused to give lots of vinegar as they have their own set ways and thinking as to how much vinegar one should consume. I think it is just a way cut cost anyway. Which why I stopped buying from them anyway. To borrow a from Celine Dion's song, "..it's all coming back to me now."

This time though, the cook poured the vinegar with a vengeance. He thought he was going to 'kill' me with all that vinegar, while I grinned he did not know that I was the vinegar queen. I was in glee as I watched the liquid guzzling down the noodles.

The stall is called "Mee Kia Noodle Shop" and I SWEAR I will not go back there again.

Even as I bitch about how people mess up my order, I have this secret quirk that makes me think, that if I continue to be so fussy with food, I will not find my dream guy. Ha!

No comments:

Post a Comment