Monday, June 2, 2008

Another lazy afternoon

Spent a nice afternoon with my dad. We took a bus to Suntec City, ate lunch and went to the World Book Fair.

During lunch, we talked about health and stuff coz my fourth uncle has been in hospital and has lost the quality of life. He is on dialysis and such and sometimes drifts in and out of consciousness due to his diabetes. Sugar level too low, faint, sugar level too high, also faint.

Dad has diabetes too, and he used to eat out of vengeance, at least to me, he was like that. He would eat the things that mum and I tell him not to. Lately though, I think he has gotten the message. With two older brothers dead and one in such condition, he has decided to be socially responsible to himself, and to his family. He saw how my fourth aunt and the kids are suffering, having to sacrifice time to go to and from the hospital, I think he finally got the picture. I am glad we did this chat.

Now, my turn to be socially responsible to myself and to my family. I am not exactly young and I really should look out for the types of food that I eat. Enough said. I wll update if I do succeed in changing my diet.

No comments:

Post a Comment