Monday, June 2, 2008

New cable set top box

Yippeeeee!!!

The new hubstation just arrived today! What is that, you ask? Well, it is a set top box for our cable channels. It is an enhanced thingy coz we can now record directly and not have to worry about poor vision and muffled sounds coming from the videotape.

Yes, my family still believes in videotapes even after I have impressed upon them to get a DVD re-recordable player. Dad is not a big fan of new technology. He thinks it is too expensive and secretly, I know another reason: he does not want to learn how to use new technology.

Luckily this hubstation came about and it will make our lives all much easier. We can now record one programme on one channel and then watch another programme on another. Previously, we had to put Post-its on the cable set top box when we are recording, so that nobody could change the channel and mess it up.

Plus, with this new 'toy', I am finally able to surf the Net in peace. I was not able to connect to the Net on my Dad's Internet modem as the technician has just confirmed today that that particular modem is a super old model, ie would not be able to work with newer tech-ie toys. I can also save heaps by not having to buy a router or wireless set. Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment