Sunday, June 8, 2008

Over the weekend

Friday...more quiet solitude

Went to watch Iron Man, finally. On my own. Never felt better. There was premature happiness that Kelly might join me after my movie (since she called me and messaged me halfway into my movie. Did the despicable thing of sms-ing during the show).

However, when I called her back after the show, there was no reply. Messaged her, no reply. I walked on to my next favourite past time: HMV CD-listening. Found this treasure of a CD having 100 of those all-time favourite TV theme songs! These included Growing Pains, Sesame Street, Melrose Place, Cheers and more. Funny thing was that they did not have Charles in Charge, which somehow got stuck in my head after all these years.

After 10.30pm, I headed for my car with said satisfied purchase. I had to avoid that stupid ERP (money sucking gigantic toll machine that works till then). I know, I did say I would be able to spend less by going into town less, but I consider this minimal purchase. I guess our 'friends' from the LTA (those guys responsible for this ERP thingy) must have been looking from the other side of the coin: The longer you stay in town, the more you spend.

I also kind of understand now, why Dad used to plan and be so calculative about ERP gantry points and parking places. It was quite tricky for me going into town for the ERP rate goes from $1.50 to $2.00 at 6.00pm. The $1.50 charge is only from 5.30pm to 5.59pm.

However, my per entry charge for the car park only starts at 6.00pm. Timing must be real accurate and as luck was on my side, I was able to save some money. Plus I also managed to search out the car park that has the cheapest rate without making me feel like it is a dangerous place to park (read: Far East Plaza car park).

Saturday...meeting with friends

Went for lunch at Pasta Cafe and I must say, I am impressed with their Parma prosciutto parmigiana pasta. Light and tasty. Reminds me a little of the one that I had in Melbourne on Degraves Street but that one had stir-fried rockets with it, which made it extra fragrant. A slightly different taste.

Wanted to watch Kung Fu Panda at night but as it was the weekend and school holidays, all tix were sold out. SOLD OUT!!!! I absolutely hate GV. OK, make it a love-hate relationship. Anyway, it is not my first choice of cinema when it comes to movies.

Ended up shopping and then heading to Chinatown to this very un-assuming coffee shop selling Sichuan and Northern China food fare. It had those Sichuan barbecue skewers which were tres delicious and there other stuff that were really good too! Didn't take any pics as I was real hungry but promise to do so the next time.

Took a look at the name of the shop and directly translated, it means "China Restaurant". In Chinese, it is 中国餐厅. Will be back there soon.

Sunday...wedding days and rainy days

The sky threatened to rain, but alas! It did not. Was going to go cycling with some colleagues after attending another colleague's wedding (will talk about wedding in the next post maybe), but because the sky was so threatening that we decided to call it off. What a pity. Could have gone ahead anyway and enjoyed a less crowded East Coast Parkway.

Went home to sleep some more and watched McBride on Hallmark Channel. Lurrve the mystery solving crap and the suspense crap too. Keeps me on my toes, sort of.

Well, I am actually really nervous about my new job and am trying hard not to think too much about it. Will face it tomorrow. For now, it is snooze time.

No comments:

Post a Comment