Thursday, April 10, 2008

Who is blaming who? I don't know

You remember Kelly*? If you don't just click on the link.

Kelly is such an 'amazing' person that I feel that I have to blog it down in my own blogging history.

There is a reason why I ended up watching the films alone during Singapore International Film Festival (SIFF). Maybe I should put all the blame on Shitty bank (no prizes for guessing which bank that is). I was trying to coordinate for a bunch of us to go watch a few of the screenings.

However, only Chitty (pronounced Shitty) Bank had discount of $1 per ticket and therefore I asked my housemate to buy it since she had their credit card. You see, I refused to sign up for a Chitty Bank card and I believed in this 'pooling' of cards, so whoever has the right brand of card can foot the bill for whichever promotion.

My housemate was so busy because (OK this is housemate's side of the story. Have to play fair right?) Kelly had been giving her loads of artwork to do, so much so that she did not have the time to go get the tix.

She asked Kelly to go instead. Kelly, upon seeing the number of tix that needs to be bought decided not to get it. Money needs to be shown before a booking of the tix can be done. By the time I got to know this, many of the good screenings that I wanted to watch were sold out. There were also others that were first row from the screen, which would have been pure torture.

On top of that I still owed some money from the meal that we had together. It was something close to $30 not $300! My housemate was pestered everyday until the day that I returned the money.

It was not as if we were not going to meet up again for the longest time or that I was flying off to South Africa and never coming back again! It's just that I have never seen anyone so petty and calculative. I must say that until I met Kelly, thank goodness my friends were all cool with coming up with the money and then letting us pay for our own share later.

Besides, for the booking of these tickets, it is payment by credit card. To me, it is no problem.

I decided to just get my own tix and they can decide what they want to do on their own. When it comes to buying tickets, I have very little patience. Kelly probably thought that this was your normal show at GV or Cathay where one can get tix last minute. Sigh... .

Worse still, after I trashed it out with Kelly over msn (and I thought that all was well), one of the messages sent to my housemate was that I had said that she was calculative. I may have implied during our msn conversations but I don't think I ever did use those actual words. If she thinks so, then she most probably knows that she IS calculative.

What a two-faced monster.

In a way, I was in the wrong, I should have gotten those tix, discount or not, so that it would not have to affect so many people. Well, damage is done, but lesson is learnt.

*Kelly is not her real name and Kelly can be a guy's or girl's name so go figure :)

No comments:

Post a Comment